In other news, Larry and I ran the Shamrock Shuffle 8K on Sunday and had a great time. It was my first race since last year's Shuffle, and it made me realize how much I missed being a part of events like it. Half marathon training starts this weekend and I'm really excited for it!
I also want to thank all of you for your support regarding our IEP meeting. It went well, but we had to schedule another meeting next week because we ran out of time. Honestly, the only reason we had any issues at all was because of one of Julie's therapists. Basically, we filled out an evaluation for her in December but never heard back from her about the results. I (wrongly) assumed that if there were any red flags she would have contacted me. The week before our IEP meeting, I casually asked Julie's classroom teacher if she'd ever heard anything about the results. She forwarded my email to the therapist in question. On the last day of school that week, I received a typed report of the results, which showed several areas of concern. I was shocked! It had been 3.5 MONTHS since I filled out the evaluation. I am certain that it sat in a pile until I asked about it. So, there we were, on Easter weekend, 3 days before our IEP meeting, trying to make sense of the new information. The therapist emailed me over the weekend (first contact she's made all year) and tried to downplay the whole thing. That's when I crafted my lengthy reply. Anyway, to make a long story a little shorter, we are going to deal with this in our next meeting. Larry is still thinking of contacting the principal to discuss the unprofessional handling of the whole situation. Again, thanks for your support and I'll update after our next meeting.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
What They Do When We're Not Looking!
Posted by
Erica
at
9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job running the shuffle! Russ was signed up and then sprained his ankle playing soccer. Figures, huh?
I love the pics! I always say...pictures first, then yell! haha (kidding!)
Hope to see you all soon.
B.
I had referred a girl and her daughter for EI. I know for a fact the girl filled out all the necessary paperwork. We still hadn't heard anything for a month when I finally called to check up. The therapist said that the mom had just now (a few days ago) turned in the final piece of paperwork. I, too, know that her paperwork sat, completed, on a pile until the therapist got to it. It was frustrating but at least she didn't wait a horribly long time to get her child in EI.
Good job on the race! I'm SO jealous! Still having IT problems and can't run more then 10 minutes w/o pain...grr!!
Post a Comment