Friday, April 18, 2008

One of Those Days

Both girls are sick with icky, goopy colds right now. Melody doesn't sleep well to begin with, but when she's sick her sleep goes down the drain in a major way. Last night it took an hour and a half of struggle to get her to sleep. By midnight she was up screaming. After handling that, Larry went downstairs to get some stuff done. Around 2AM Melody started up again, so I brought her into bed with me. From 2 until 6 she tossed and turned and kicked and thrashed. Larry "slept" on the living room floor for a few hours (we don't have a couch at the moment). Right now it's supposed to be nap time. She went down fine around 1, but woke up at 1:45 screaming and I am not holding out much hope that she's going back to sleep. I'm listening to her screech right now, trying to decide how long to give her. Days like this are just so mentally taxing. On the flip side, I realize that I have everything to be grateful for and nothing to complain about. I am immensely thankful for the privilege of having children and I love them both dearly. It's just hard to keep perspective without sleep (and with so much screaming).

Something else to give thanks for: our flowers bloomed yesterday! What a gorgeous, refreshing reminder of the beauty of God's creation. I love spring!

2 comments:

2 China 4 Addison said...

Hang in there Erica, praying everyone feels better soon. Is she prone to ear infections? That always kept Riley up....(and us too!).
Hope you get some rest tonight.

Rhonda said...

Mommy is the sick on in our house.

Many hugs going to you!!