Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Julie Lu Lu!

Today our big girl turned 3! If you ask her "how old are you?" she has learned to reply "I three!" I tried to fill the day with things she enjoys. We started out at the playground, where I let her jump in puddles formed by yesterday's thunderstorms. From there, we went to the library and checked out one of her favorite videos. Of course, then we had to come home and watch it! Next we went to our neighbor's house and played in the sprinkler and water table. Julie loves playing with our neighbor's little girl. Then we ate lunch and Julie went down for a nap. Less than an hour later she woke up screaming. This has been happening for about a week now, and it's not the first time. It seems like we go through a week of this kind of thing every couple of months. I wish Julie could tell us what is going on when it happens, but for now all we can do is comfort her. So, nap time ended very early, which led to a semi-cranky rest of the day. We had fun nonetheless! Daddy accompanied us to Tumbling class, after which we went to McDonald's for dinner. We came home, watched the library video again, had cake, took a bubble bath and went to bed. In all the hubbub, we never gave Julie her gifts! I guess her birthday will last a little longer than planned! It is now nearly 9:45 and she is still awake in her crib, so I guess her birthday hasn't really ended yet anyway. All in all, it was a great day of celebrating our very special little girl.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Julie!

Sounds like it was a fun day. What a beautiful birthday cake~ I bet it tasted good, too!

Pam

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Julie Lu Lu!!! You and Sarah Lu Lu are so close in age, You're both growing up so fast!! Sounds like a great birthday for a very special THREE year old!!!

Russ & Becki Carlson said...

Happy 3rd birthday Sweet Julie!
You are loved by so many!!
Love,
The Carlson's
Russ, Becki, Alyssa, Riley and Addie Grace! :)